Everyone loves an easy soup recipe! All you need for this savory Easy chickpea soup recipe are ingredients from your pantry and a few common spices. Chickpeas are not super flavorful alone but adding some sauteéd onions, vegetables, and spices takes a plain dish to a vibrant one. Let’s get cooking.
Easy chickpea soup is the perfect quick recipe for those cold winter days. This healthy bean soup is also a great remedy for cold and flu season. Therefore, I was inspired to make this recipe when my daughter recently came home from college with a cold. Easy chickpea soup is a healthy, inexpensive, comforting recipe for any occasion. However, this easy soup is especially perfect for sick family members seeking homey comfort food. More often than not you gotta use whatever you’ve got in the pantry.
- Diced Tomatoes, plain, fire-roasted, diced tomato with diced chili peppers
- Vegan Broth, bouillon or pre-package
- Beans, chickpeas, garbanzo, kidney, black, cannellini
- Herbs, bay leaf, oregano, parsley, thyme, basil
Easy chickpea soup is effortless when you have a pantry stocked with versatile ingredients. Grabbing cans of diced tomatoes and chickpeas, I headed for the fridge. It was a little bare but I managed to find a few shallots, garlic cloves, and zucchini. Additionally, on to the herb shelf I had oregano and parsley…Tada!
The chickpeas enhance the flavor and texture, while also providing the benefits of added protein and fiber. In addition, the dried herbs and spices round out this delicious comfort food. Give it a try! You won’t be disappointed.
Need a bit more food?
Above all, Easy chickpea soup is a great one-dish dinner, lunch, healthy snack or when you’re needing that all so important comfort food. So jump in, grab what you have, and start experimenting. Adding fresh or dried herbs and spices will marry all the ingredients together to make a cohesive dish.
In short, have fun in the kitchen, don’t take yourself too seriously. Subscribe, share, and let me know how “YOU” made it your own. Share your positive comments and suggestions. ❤️ from VGFL.
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 large shallot, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced small and sauteed
- 1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 15 ounce can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon parsely
- 2 cups vegan broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium to large fry pan saute garlic and shallots over medium-high heat using vegan butter or olive oil. Cook until translucent 5-8 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Using the same fry pan sauté zucchini. Brown and remove.
- Place all ingredients into large soup pan or dutch oven. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Can be served immediately once heated through.
- Add vegan broth if needed or prefer a thinner soup.