Sautéed Carrots and Green Onions are so easy and delicious. Make this tasty dish and you’ll be adding it to your weekly menu. Hard-to-beat, low-calorie, vegan, plant-based, allergy-friendly, and best of all delicious!
2 FRESH INGREDIENTS
5 SIMPLE INGREDIENTS:
- Organic Carrots
- Organic Green Onions (Don’t like green onions replace them with shallots, red onions, or chives)
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
Start by parboiling your carrots. What is parboiling? Parboiling simply means to partially cook. Pretty easy start. Parboiling the carrots before sauteing reduces cooking time and limits the chance of overcooking and serving dried-out carrots. Nobody wants that!
Try your best to make sure your carrots are cut similarly in size. An important thing to remember about parboiling is to make sure you have a rolling boil and an ice bath ready to go.
This easy dish can be partially prepared a day or two before so you can make a fresh savory meal in a hurry. Try pairing this with wild rice or quinoa and there you have a one-dish meal!
- 1 bag organic carrots approximately 8
- 1 bunch green onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or vegan butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Clean and peel carrots. Slice carrots into even 1/4″ rounds.
- Clean and dice green onions. Set to the side.
- Using a large bowl, prepare an ice bath. Set to the side.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a rolling boil. Add the carrots and parboil until partly cooked approximately 3 to 5 minutes. Careful not to overcook.
- Once the carrots are partly cooked transfer them into the ice bath. Cool the carrots completely, remove from water and pat dry.
- On medium-high heat, heat a large saute pan melt butter or oil. Once the butter or oil is hot add in the dried carrots. Cook until lightly browned on both sides, approximately 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in the green onions and heat for an additional minute. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Place sauteed carrots and green onions into a shallow serving dish. Serve hot.
- If you prefer to roast; preheat a 425-degree oven. Place parboiled carrots into a bowl and drizzle with olive oil salt and pepper. Transfer to a foil or parchment-lined baking sheet. Cook for 6-8 minutes. Be careful to not overcook.