Sautéed Carrots and Green Onions are so easy and delicious. Make this tasty dish and you’ll be adding it to your weekly menu, I guarantee!
Try your best to make sure your carrots are cut similarily in size. An important thing to remember about parboiling is to make sure you have a rolling boil and an ice bath ready to go.
This easy dish can be partially prepared a day or two before so you can make a fresh savory meal in a hurry. Try pairing this with wild rice or quinoa and there you have a one dish meal!
Remember to have fun in the kitchen. Please share your comments and recipes so I can see how YOU made it your own.
- 1 bag organic carrots approximately 8
- 1 bunch green onion
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter or extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Clean and peel carrots. Slice carrots into even 1/4" rounds.
- Clean and dice green onions. Set to the side.
- Using a large bowl, prepare an ice bath. Set to the side.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a rolling boil. Add the carrots and parboil until partly cooked approximately 3 to 5 minutes. Careful not to overcook.
- Once the carrots are partly cooked transfer them into the ice bath. Cool the carrots completely, remove from water and pat dry.
- On medium-high heat, heat a large saute pan melt butter or oil. Once the butter or oil is hot add in the dried carrots. Cook until lightly browned on both sides, approximately 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in the green onions and heat for an additional minute. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Place sauteed carrots and green onions into a shallow serving dish. Serve hot.