This vegan thousand island dressing is good enough to drink! The recipe is so easy you’ll never want to buy another pre-packaged vegan thousand island dressing again. Allergy-friendly, gluten-free, soy-free, corn-free, nut-free, non-GMO. Wow, perfect!
One of my favorite days in March is St. Patrick’s Day. Hard to believe since my father was 100% Irish right? Not! That being said, Reuben sandwiches were a staple in our house when I was growing up. Our sandwiches were served with a healthy, I mean healthy, amount of Miracle Whip thousand Island. Since our family is now vegan it was time for a new updated vegan version. Still reminiscent of the past but better.
Reuben’s, now made vegan, is still a must in our family and wouldn’t be the same without a vegan thousand island dressing. It took me a couple of years to perfect my vegan Reuben but it was much easier to perfect a delicious vegan thousand island dressing. Now, its time to share it with you.
You can use this thousand island dressing on a vegan burger, carrot hotdog, southern jackfruit barbecue sandwich, jackfruit Reuben, and of course, a salad. It can also be used as a great easy dip for your favorite veggies.
6 Ingredients in your fridge
- Vegan Mayo
- Sweet Chili Sauce
- Organic Ketchup
- Dill Pickle
- Fresh Lemon
- Salt to taste (optional)
The base and most important component to creating a savory vegan thousand island dressing is the mayo. Luckily there are plenty of great companies that have developed vegan mayo. Listed below are a few of my favorites. If you have any suggestions, reach out I would love to hear your favorites and how you use them.
- Vegenaise; my favorite is the soy and gluten-free version (daughter with gluten and soy allergies)
- Spectrum; contains soy, gluten-free and has a less fat and calorie option
- Hellman’s; contains soy and no clear allergy warnings on the website read the label carefully
If you prefer to make your own vegan mayo, definitely go for it. In a hurry or just don’t want to go to the effort, purchase a vegan mayo that works for your family. Tip: read the label before you buy it.
In short, have fun in the kitchen, don’t take yourself too seriously. Subscribe, share, and let me know how “YOU” made it your own. Share your positive comments and suggestions. ❤️ from VGFL.
- 1 cup vegan mayonnaise
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons dill pickle diced small
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sweet chili sauce
- salt to taste
- In a small bowl mix mayonnaise, ketchup, dill pickle, lemon, and sweet chili sauce until well blended. Salt to taste if desired.
- Refrigerate and enjoy as a dressing or dip.