Super Bowl, weekend get-together, or just because, gotta have me some nacho cheese dip baby! Who, and I mean who, doesn’t love a warm savory vegan cheese dip? No one! This is one recipe you will make over and over again. It’s nut-free, gluten-free and guilt-free!
Working on creating a vegan nacho sauce has been on my to-do list for a long time. I knew it needed to be dairy-free, gluten-free, and nut-free. The dairy and gluten-free wasn’t a problem. That being said, nut-free is a whole other issue.
No nuts here
Everyone seems to be making dairy-free cheese alternatives using nuts. Not many are making them nut-free. Therefore, I must. For instance, I tried beans and seeds. To sum it up, they were okay but not the flavor and texture I was looking for. After that, I looked at vegetables and a savory creamy vegan nacho cheese sauce was born. So to speak.
How to Video:
2 main ingredients
The ingredients for this amazing smooth dish of goodness are so simple, you’ll be shocked! Firstly, potatoes and carrots are the 2 main ingredients. Both add a creamy texture and the nacho color.
- Red potatoes or golden potatoes
Secondly, the cheesy flavor comes from the nutritional yeast. If you’re having trouble finding nutritional yeast look in the bulk bins or ask your grocer if they have it stocked. I can find nutritional yeast at my local Whole Foods, Trader Joes, and Earth Fare.
- Nutritional yeast
- deactivated yeast that gives vegan and vegetarian recipes a cheese-type flavor
Thirdly, the rest of the ingredients add important flavors and additional colors.
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
Spice it up
Looking for a spicey vegan nacho cheese dip? Have no fear, super easy.
- Chop up a few at a time, add them until you get the desired heat you were looking for.
- Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies
- Open a can and slowly add it to the dip a little at a time while heating up until desired heat and thickness is achieved.
Enjoy this cheesy guilt-free treat today! Grab some gluten-free chips, veggies, crackers, whatever floats your grumbling tummy boat.
If you happen to have any leftover; throw the vegan nacho cheese dip over some cooked elbow noodles for a luscious quick vegan macaroni and cheese. 2 dishes in 1!
In short, have fun in the kitchen, don’t take yourself too seriously. Subscribe, share, and let me know how “YOU” made it your own. Share your positive comments and suggestions. ❤️ from VGFL.
- Steam or boil potatoes and carrots until they are soft.Place all ingredients into a food processor or blender except for plant-based milk. Start blending while slowly adding in liquid until desired smoothness. Pour nacho dip into a small saucepan and heat. Can also be heated in the microwave as needed. If sauce becomes too thick slowly stir in added plant-based milk until desired thickness.