Who, and I mean who, doesn’t love a warm savory vegan cheese dip? No one! This is one recipe you will make over and over again. It’s nut-free, gluten-free and guilt-free!
Vegan Cheese Dip Ingredients
How to Video:
The ingredients for this amazing smooth dish of goodness are so simple, you’ll be shocked! Potatoes and carrots are the 2 main ingredients and the cheesy flavor comes from the nutritional yeast. If you’re having trouble finding nutritional yeast look in the bulk bins or ask your grocer if they have it stocked. I can find nutritional yeast at my local Whole Foods, Trader Joes, and Earth Fare.
Enjoy this cheesy guilt-free treat today!
If you happen to have any leftover; throw the vegan nacho cheese dip over some cooked elbow noodles for a luscious quick vegan macaroni and cheese. 2 dishes in 1!
Remember to have fun in the kitchen and let me know how “you” made it your own.
- 2 cups potatoes steamed
- 1 cup carrots steamed
- 1/3 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 3/4-1 cup plant based milk or water
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric optional
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Steam or boil potatoes and carrots until they are soft.Place all ingredients into a food processor or blender except for plant-based milk. Start blending while slowly adding in liquid until desired smoothness. Pour nacho dip into a small saucepan and heat. Can also be heated in the microwave as needed. If sauce becomes too thick slowly stir in added plant-based milk until desired thickness.