Imagine a Grilled Cauliflower Head full of hearty BBQ flavors. It’s possible! Typical grillers prepare their BBQ by loving, rubbing, and marinating their dish for hours if not days. Why not do the same to your veggies? Savory and exquisite flavors can be achieved for a cauliflower head and all your vegetables. The key: FLAVOR FLAVOR FLAVOR!
Main Ingredient: Cauliflower Head
Up to you. Whether your mood is savory, spicy, honey BBQ or simply olive oil with salt, pepper, and lemon, options are endless.
Thanksgiving Flavor Rub
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Salt and Pepper
- Cayenne Pepper
- Chili Powder
- Smokey Paprika
- Spicy Dry BBQ rub
No Time? No Problem!
Pre-bottled sauces are a great go-to. Don’t lament about homemade, do what works for you right now, at this moment in time.
Dry rubs require some way to stick to the vegetables.
Options to get your rub to hang on:
- Olive oil
- Whisk the olive oil and spices together
- Or cover the cauliflower head with olive oil and then rub it with dry ingredients.
- Vegan butter
- Slather the outside of the cauliflower with butter and rub the dry ingredients into the butter.
- Vegetable broth
- Vegetable broth doesn’t provide the same sticking ability. Rub harder to get those flavors into all the nooks and crannies.
Take that clean, trimmed cauliflower head and give it some love. Rub, pour, brush, and get those flavors into every nook and cranny. Have time to marinade for a few hours or overnight? Great, if not, just get it on the grill!
Time to cook
The preferred method to cook this cauliflower head is on the grill. But don’t let that stop you. Don’t have an outdoor grill, roast, or grill inside.
Look Delicious. Thanks for grilling Rich!
What are you waiting for? Rub some love on your veggies!
In short, have fun in the kitchen, don’t take yourself too seriously. Subscribe, share, and let me know how “YOU” made this your own. Share your positive comments and ideas below or on Instagram. ❤️ from VGFL
- 1 head cauliflower cleaned, greens removed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1-2 cups water broth or wine of each
- Preheat grill to medium hot.
- Clean cauliflower, dry, trim off greens, and set aside, careful not to break apart.
- Place all dry ingredients in a medium bowl with olive oil, and whisk until completely blended together.
- Slather the outside of the cauliflower with marinade or bottled sauce. Start with it on its head so the marinade can dip into the center. Flip and continue.
- Place cauliflower head onto a greased or foil-lined high-heat-resistant pan.
- Pour a cup of broth, wine, or water into the bottom of the pan to prevent the bottom from burning.
- Place cauliflower onto the grill and cook until fork-tender. Brush or pour the marinade over the cauliflower head every 15 minutes. Cook for 45-60 minutes until fork tender. DO NOT OVERCOOK.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes. Slice or tear apart. Pour reserved dripping over the cauliflower.
- Serve with extra sauce, chimichurri, or pesto.