Roasted red pepper soup is a great compliment to a chilly day. Pair this with a crispy gluten free baguette, sautéed green, salad, fruit, tortillas, the options are endless. Spice it up by adding a little or a lot of “heat.” It’s up to you!
Roasted Red Pepper Soup
- 1 tablespoons vegan butter
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 medium onion , finely chopped
- 1 42 ounce jar roasted red peppers in water
- 1 cup cauliflower , chopped
- 1 cup carrots , chopped
- 6 cups vegan chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk or non-dairy milk of choice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Add butter, garlic, ginger, and onion to crockpot.
- Drain roasted red pepper, coarsely chop, and add to crockpot.
- Add cauliflower, carrots, broth, bay leaf, and thyme to crockpot.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 to 6 hours.
- When cooked thoroughly blend in batches or use immersion blender until smooth. Slowly add non-dairy milk while blending.
- Salt and pepper to taste.