These sweet potato rounds were inspired with Super Bowl Sunday sneaking up on me. I wanted to create a recipe that wasn’t the typical potato skins and I did it.
10 Easy Ingredients
I chose to use Japanese sweet potatoes for this recipe. Japanese sweet is a bit denser which allows them to hold their shape better. If you prefer yams or the traditional orange sweet potatoes be careful not to overcook and become too limp to pick up. Nobody likes a limp potato round!
These rounds are a treat. They can be made in multiple ways. Spicy, savory, sweet, plain, it’s up to you and your tastebuds.
Ingredients to Start:
- Sweet Potatoes
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Sweet Paprika
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Vegan Sour Cream
As I said; Japanese sweet potatoes are a little dense and can be a bit drier. All that being said, that contributes to them holding together well which is essential for finger foods. Whether you use Japanese or traditional sweet potatoes they are even better with a creamy topping. In the picture, I used vegan sour cream, if you can’t find a vegan sour cream my best vegan ranch or thousand island dressing makes a great substitute.
These are not only delicious but bodaciously beautiful! Enjoy changing these up for your special occasion or amazing side with any meal.
In short, have fun in the kitchen, don’t take yourself too seriously. Subscribe, share, and let me know how “YOU” made it your own. Share your positive comments and suggestions. ❤️ from VGFL.
- 2 pounds Japanese sweet potatoes or yams
- 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes more or less depending on spiciness
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chives chopped
- 1/4 cup vegan sour cream or Best Ranch Dressing or Thousand Island Dressing
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Wash and cut the potatoes into 1/4 to 1/2-inch slices. Place rounds into a bowl with all the ingredients. Using your hands rub the ingredients over the potatoes making sure to distribute the oil and spices well.
- Place the potatoes, without overlapping, onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Cook for 10 minutes flip and cook an additional 10 minutes. If desired broil lightly for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place the rounds in a single layer on a platter place a dollop of vegan sour cream, sprinkle with chives and additional red pepper flakes (if desired).