This grapefruit cocktail is refreshing and delightful. The grapefruit combined with fresh lemon, lime, and the agave nectar work seamlessly together.
Thirsty? Heck yes. Therefore, I decided it was time to make a refreshing mocktail. However, I did turn it into a cocktail later. Now what to make a refreshing, crisp, drink with? Firstly, I had plenty of citrus fruit. Confident I would come up with something decadent. I did it!
Easy Recipe List:
- Lemon, used Meyer lemons really tasty
- Agave nectar
- Rosemary sprig
- Alcohol or sparkling water
A cocktail shaker is a kitchen must
I love using a cocktail shaker when making either a cocktail or mocktail. Most importantly, a shaker makes the drink ice cold and perfectly blended. In addition, it isn’t necessary to have it over ice since it is so chilled. Ice tends to water down drinks so keep that in mind when serving.
2 ice cube tray options for drinks
Who would have thought there would be ice cube options? When I was young it was a tray you had to beat on the side of the counter. After that, you were lucky to come out with a cube or two. On the other hand, someone usually forgot to fill the ice tray. Hence, no ice, no refreshing drink. Sadness! It doesn’t happen much anymore. Between cocktail cubes and automatic ice makers, a chilled refreshing drink is at your fingertips.
This citrus grapefruit cocktail is easily made into a mocktail. Replace the alcohol with tonic or flavored sparkling water. Just remember, don’t add the tonic or sparkling water to the shaker or you’re going to have a big mess!
Sum it up; easy, refreshing, spring, summer, fall, or winter, a cocktail or mocktail you’ll want to make. Moreover don’t stop with just one, make a pitcher. I promise you’ll have plenty of interested participants.
In short, have fun in the kitchen, don’t take yourself too seriously. Subscribe, share, and let me know how “YOU” made it your own. Share your positive comments and suggestions. ❤️ from VGFL.
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 4 to 6 grapefruits
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 tablespoons Meyer's fresh lemon juice
- 1.5 ounces white alcohol vodka, gin, rum
- ice cubes
- black sugar or white cocktail sugar
- 1 to 2 Rosemary sprigs
- lime, lemon or grapefruit wheel
- grapefruit zest
- Remove rosemary leaves from spring and muddle into the bottom of a cocktail shaker with agave.
- Add grapefruit, lime, lemon, alcohol and 1 cup ice to a shaker. Shake vigorously until ice cold.
- Rim glass with black or white cocktail sugar.
- Pour into a martini glass or strain into a cocktail glass with fresh ice. Garnish with a rosemary sprig and fresh grapefruit zest.