Looking for the not-so-average salad? This roasted beet salad with vegan dill dressing is anything but boring. Crisp granny smith apples, cucumbers, and fresh dill over golden roasted beets create an impressive salad with striking flavors. Let’s get the warm weather kicked off right with this fresh salad.
- Roasted golden beets
- Chives or Green Onions
- Granny smith apples
- Vegan Mayo
- Salt and Pepper
I love salads but sometimes get tired of the usual lettuce based side salad. I am a big fan of beets, especially golden beets. You can also squeeze some fresh lemon over roasted sliced beets and sprinkle with a bit of salt and pepper and you’ve got lunch. But when you have a little extra time, I highly suggest making this absolutely delicious salad.
Make sure you roast these golden babies ahead of time, otherwise you’ll be eating at 9 pm, trust me, that happens in our house more often than planned.
What makes this salad crisp and fresh?
The organic granny smith apples. These apples stay crisp and tangy even when they are mixed in with the mayo. Perfect snap of freshness in every bite.
The dressing is made with vegan mayonnaise, dill, chives, lemon, and a dash of sriracha. Mix it all up, pour it over your beets, and garnish with a few chopped chives or dill. You can serve it immediately or chilled. I usually can’t stop eating it long enough to chill it. I don’t think I have ever had leftovers of this salad to tell you the truth.
More delicious salads you may like:
Have fun in the kitchen, don’t take yourself too seriously. Subscribe, share, and let me know how “YOU” made it your own. Share your positive comments and suggestions. ❤️VGFL
- 2 large golden beets trimmed
- 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon Sriracha chili sauce (optional)
- 2 tablespoons dill coarsley chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Granny Smith apples cut into thin matchsticks
- 1 cup cucumber sliced
- 1/4 cup chives diced or diced green onions
- 1/2 tsp lemon pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt to taste
Roast Beets: (this can be done 1-2 days ahead of time if desired)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Clean and trim beets. Wrap them in foil and roast for approximately 1 hour until they are tender when pierced with a knife.
- After the beets have cooled rub the skin off of them or thinly cut the skin off it they are being difficult. Cut each beet into either rounds or 1/2 triangular slices.
- Whisk together mayonnaise, lemon juice, Sriracha chili, dill, 1 tablespoon chives, and lemon pepper. In a medium bowl toss apples and cucumbers with dressing.
- Arrange beets on a platter and top with the apple and cucumber dressing. Sprinkle the dish with chives, salt to taste, and serve immediately or chilled.