Three bean salad is an easy, quick, side dish and a picnic classic. This is my niece’s, Rachel, favorite salad, thanks, Rae. This side salad can be paired with just about anything. Love it for a backyard barbecue or an additional side for our Mexican dinner night! Any time of year will do. This recipe is vegan, gluten-free and allergy-friendly, so share!
Herbs give a recipe a special flavor that only fresh can do. That being said, if you don’t have fresh herbs use dried. When you replace fresh for dried DO NOT use the same amount. Dried herbs have a strong flavor so adjusting is a must! Take your time and the results will be great.
Fresh herbs really make this salad pop. Not everyone loves cilantro, (taste like soap?) I happen to love cilantro. Not a cilantro fan, basil is a tasty alternative. Do what works for your palette. If you like dill or mint give them a try.
Beans, beans, beans, awesome! Beans are packed full of nutrition. Once again, dried is preferred over canned. I have yet to make this delicious recipe with dried beans. When I buy canned veggies I buy organic. Most, not all, organic food companies use BPA free cans. BPA free companies.
This a side that has been served at many family events. Share this yummy 3 Bean Salad at your next picnic or family gathering it will be a hit.
Have some fun in the kitchen and don’t take yourself too seriously. Subscribe, share, and let me know how “YOU” made it your own. I look forward to your positive comments and suggestions. Love from VGFL.
- 1 15 ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 15 ounce can white beans drained and rinsed
- 1 15 ounce can kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup corn fresh, frozen or canned
- 1 cup tomatoes chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion thinly sliced or chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil or cilantro chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
Light On Oil Vinegarette
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/8 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon agave
- In medium bowl add all beans, tomatoes, red onion, basil, corn, salt and pepper.
- Place all the vinegarette ingredients into a jar with a lid. Shake until well-incorporated, pour over bean mixture.
- Chill bean salad for an hour or serve at room temperature.