Looking for a creamy vegan macaroni salad? Easy, is the keyword to describe this recipe. Therefore, one of my favorites. Making it vegan couldn’t be easier. The fresh ingredients add crisp flavors along with the creamy vegan dressing. Easy, versatile, and a tummy full of goodness! What are you waiting for?
This is the Best Vegan Macaroni Salad, EVER!
One of my favorite side dishes in the spring and summer are crisp yummy salads. Above all, macaroni salad. We only had macaroni salad for special family gatherings when I was growing up. However, now we have macaroni salad all year long.
Did I mention it’s incredibly easy? I’ll start by telling you, all you need is 15 minutes. Along with 10 simple ingredients. Creating a simple macaroni recipe couldn’t be easier. This dish is the perfect addition to any meal, party, picnic, or get together.
No gluten? No problem. Most importantly, don’t overcook the noodles. If the box states cook for 10 minutes, check them in 7 to 8. It is best if the noodles are al dente. Once you add in the wet ingredients the noodles will get a little softer. If you don’t need gluten-free don’t use them. GF is always a little more difficult.
Gluten-free noodle options
- Jovial Elbow Noodles
- 100% organic brown rice noodles, egg-free, nut-free. soy-free
- Tinkyada Elbow Noodles
- brown rice pasta, egg-free
- Barilla Elbow Noodles
- non-GMO, cornflour, rice flour, egg-free, nut-free, soy-free
- Tolerant Elbow Noodles
- organic green lentils, non-GMO
What to pair with yummy macaroni salad?
Just about anything! It doesn’t have to be paired with anything. Hence, add some cooked lentils, cooked beans, tofu, tempeh. With the added protein and vegetables, you’ve got yourself a complete meal. Above all, add more of each.
Warmer weather is on the horizon so start experimenting with this recipe. Before you know it your family and friends will be requesting this dish at all your upcoming events! Vegan or not everyone is going to love this macaroni salad. Chill and you’re ready to serve.
In short, have fun in the kitchen, don’t take yourself too seriously. Subscribe, share, and let me know how “YOU” made it your own. Share your positive comments and suggestions. ❤️ from VGFL.
- 1 12 ounce box gluten-free elbow pasta
- 1/2-1 cup vegan mayo soy-free if desired
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 1/2 cup celery diced
- 1/2 cup dill pickles diced
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 fresh lemon juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook gluten-free elbow pasta according to pasta’s directions. (Each GF pasta has its own set of specific directions, GF pasta can be sensitive)
- Drain pasta and rinse under cold water.
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients and mix well to combine.
- Eat immediately or cover and place in the fridge to store.
SOOOOOO good, perfect for cooking out.