Potato leek soup is our family’s favorite. When I can’t decide which soup to make, someone will yell, “Potato Leek Soup, please!” This is a creamy vegan and gluten-free soup that is so easy, versatile, and packed full of flavor you’ll want to make it weekly.
10 Ingredient Soup
Potato leek soup is very versatile. Just by altering the herbs, garlic, and garnish creates a new soup each time you make it. I love the flavor of fresh chopped greens just before serving for added flavor and color. Adding a meat-free chicken after blending will make a hearty one-dish meal. Keep it chunky, creamy, full of vegetables, it will be satisfyingly delicious.
Make this soup, you won’t be disappointed. Your family and friends will be asking for more so have plenty on hand!
Have some fun in the kitchen and don’t take yourself too seriously. Subscribe, share, and let me know how “YOU” made it your own. I look forward to your positive comments and suggestions. Love from VGFL.
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 3 leeks , cleaned and chopped
- 2-3 small shallots , chopped
- 3 cloves of chopped garlic
- 1 cup white wine (optional)
- 6 cups vegan chicken broth
- 5 small potatoes , cubed (golden or red potatoes)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup vegan creamer or dairy free milk
- Pepper and salt to taste
- In a large pot melt butter, add leeks, shallots and garlic until leeks are translucent.
- Add white wine, increase to medium heat and cook down by half, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in broth, bay leaf, potatoes, and thyme, bring to a low boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer until potatoes are soft, 25 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Using immersion blender, blend thoroughly. Slowly add cream continue blending to desire smoothness.
- Pepper and salt to taste.
- Reheat if needed.
Remember, make it your own, have fun in the kitchen, and enjoy infusing some veggies!