Stuffed spaghetti squash is a delicious fall recipe. I love to make dishes that use vegetables that are in season. Squashes of any kind make wonderful fall recipes and tasty veggies treats.
Stuffed spaghetti squash is a versatile dish that can be easily changed up to reflect your taste. Whether you are vegan, vegetarian, or neither this dish can be made to suit any palette. I used a product called Beyond Beef Beefy Crumble. If you want to only use vegetables replace the meatless ingredient, chop up zucchini or eggplant. If you are not vegan or vegetarian use a replacement for the meatless crumble that suits your taste. In my opinion veggie is best but it’s really up to you.
Sautéed onion, garlic, Beyond Beefy Crumble, great seasoning, and your favorite jar of spaghetti squash make up the stuffing of the recipe. The stuffing is fast and easy which makes this one dish recipe perfect for busy families on the go.
Pair this fall dish with a salad filled with your favorite fresh veggies. Or my usual side, a large plate filled with cut up veggies and a side of vegan ranch dressing. Yummy fresh crispy veggies!!!!
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- dash of salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil , optional
- 1 medium onion , chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 11 ounce package Beyond Beef Beefy Crumble
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon parsley , dried
- 1 large jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup vegan mozzarella cheese or vegan cashew cheese
- Fresh parsley or basil , optional
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pierce spaghetti squash length wise with sharp knife. Microwave on high for 5 minutes. Carefully take squash out of microwave, cool to the touch.
- Once squash is cooled, cut in half length wise with large knife. Scoop out seeds with a spoon and discard, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place squash face down on a cookie sheet and cook for 20 minutes.
- While cooking squash prepare meatless stuffing.
- In large fry pan over medium heat add olive oil and onions. Cook onions until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, meatless crumble, Italian seasoning, parsley, and sauce. Stir sauce cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove squash from oven turning each half face up. Using a fork release the pulp lightly.
- Add meatless sauce into the squash center top with vegan cheese.
- Turn oven up to 450 degrees.
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes. Remove from oven let sit for five minutes. Scoop spaghetti squash with the sauce, plate and enjoy.
Remember to make it your own, have fun in the kitchen, and enjoy infusing your veggies!