Vegetable frittatas are an egg-free must. In my opinion; tofu frittatas are better than the “real egg” frittata. These easy vegan frittatas can be made into easy to grab bite-size, muffin size, or sandwich size. Whether piping hot, warm, or cold, you’ll enjoy these savory and satisfying healthy treats.
Who doesn’t love breakfast? Everyone! I am not a huge fan of the typical breakfast foods like cereal or pancakes. But a savory egg-free frittata? Now we’re talking. I happen to love these very versatile breakfast treats. Pick the vegetables you want, sauté, and add to your blended tofu mixture, bake, and done. Everyone will love these golden beauties.
I am a huge tofu fan for multiple reasons. Firstly, tofu is low in fat and calories, and as a bonus, has zero cholesterol. Secondly, tofu is super easy to work with and takes on the flavors of the spices and ingredients used in the recipe.
All about the vegetables
Frittatas can be made with your favorite veggies. I have made them with spinach, zucchini, broccoli, and kale.
- Red Onions
- Green Onions
Nutritional yeast adds the cheesy flavor while the Himalayan Black salt adds the “egg” flavor. If your palette is hankering for something savory add some vegan, gluten-free, or vegetarian “meat” alternative.
- Himalayan Black Salt
- Adds the sulfur flavors of “real eggs”
- Nutritional Yeast
- Adds “cheesy” flavors
- Meat Alternatives; check the labels for ingredients some contain casein, nuts, corn, and gluten
Easy and delicious. Pair these easy vegetable frittatas with fresh fruit, vegan bacon, a green smoothie, and your favorite toast or bagels. Don’t have time in the morning? Prepared the day before, cover, refrigerate, and cook them up before the gang gets out of bed! It doesn’t get easier than that!
In short, have fun in the kitchen, don’t take yourself too seriously. Subscribe, share, and let me know how “YOU” made this fresh mango salsa your own. Share your positive comments and ideas below or on Instagram. ❤️ from VGFL
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- 1/2 cup small sweet onion diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 cup spinach or kale chopped
- hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Drain tofu, wrap in paper towels and press to release some of the liquid.
- Purée tofu, soy sauce, turmeric, mustard, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper for 2 minutes in a food processor until smooth.
- Heat butter in a skillet over medium heat and sauté sweet onion 3 to 4 minutes until translucent. Add garlic, spinach, and green onions and allow them to cook for an additional 2 minutes until spinach is wilted. Remove from heat.
- Pour tofu mixture into the skillet and fold the ingredients together.
- Coat a 24-cup mini-muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Place a heaping tablespoon of mixture to each mini-muffin and cook on middle rack for 35-40 minutes until lightly browned.
Add 1/2 cup of vegan mozzarella for a cheesy flavor. If you have a soy allergy:
In place of the tofu, use a 15 oz can of rinsed garbanzo beans + 1/4 cup of dairy free milk and mash with the back of a fork.