This Heart of Palm salad is fresh and super easy. Who doesn’t want a recipe that is versatile and delicious? No one. Enjoy it right out of the bowl, on a sandwich, stuffed tomato appetizer, lettuce wrap, heck you decide.
Are you looking for an easy recipe for a hot summer day? This is the perfect recipe to make “your own.” Here are some ingredients I can suggest to give it your own spin; baby spinach, basil, dill, parsley, thyme, lime, cilantro, kale, cucumber, carrots, damn I could go on forever. Now I am getting inspired!
What are the hearts of palm? Here is the quick search on Wikipedia: Heart of palm is a vegetable harvested from the inner core and growing bud of certain palm trees.
Hearts of palm are tender, white cylindrical in shape and has a mild flavor similar to artichokes. Hearts of palm are low in calories and a good source of vitamins and easy to find canned, in the grocery store. It has no fat and is a good source of potassium, copper, Vitamin B6, and zinc. Remember to read the labels for added salt.
Have some fun in the kitchen and don’t take yourself too seriously. Subscribe, share, and let me know how “YOU” made it your own. I look forward to your positive comments and suggestions. Love from VGFL.
- 1 14 ounces can heart of palm drained well diced
- 1/4 cup green onions diced
- 1/4 cup yellow pepper diced
- 1/4 cup radish diced
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo
- 1/2-1 teaspoon sriracha
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Dice up all the fresh vegetables and place in a medium-size bowl. Add the dressing ingredients to the vegetables and stir until well mixed. Salt and pepper to taste. Add fresh herbs and spices as desired. Chill for an hour or overnight.
- Make this amazing salad “your own.”