Do you want a tangy and fresh new take on traditional salsa? Fresh mango salsa is it! Mangos taste best and are easy to find when they’re in season. Even if you have to hunt for them, it’s totally worth it. It’s so easy to make you’ll be making excuses to whip up this fresh mango salsa. All you need are 6 ingredients + 1 bowl!
- Fresh Mango
- Red Onion
- Chopped Cilantro
- Fresh Lime Juice
- Salt and Pepper
Types of mangoes
Did you know there are 238 types of mangoes? Who knew? I found only three varieties at my local grocers. Not positive of their names, so no judgment, please. Below are the ones I purchased. I used all the mangoes pictured for our fresh mango salsa. Turned out amazing!
- Deep red with green and yellow tones, rich flavors
- Bright yellow, sweet creamy flavors
- Dark green with reddish tones, juicy and sweet
How to pick out a ripe mango?
Hold the mango in your hand. Squeeze lightly, if the mango gives slightly, the flesh inside is soft. In addition, give the mango a sniff. If it gives off a fruity aroma it should be ripe. Keep in mind not all mangoes are the same. I don’t always get it right, but I keep trying. Practice makes perfect.
How-To Cut A Mango Video
Throw all the ingredients into a bowl
Variations to make it your own:
- Cayenne Pepper
- Diced Tomatoes
- Nuts or Seeds
- Adobo Chili Peppers
- Chopped Cucumber
- YOU DECIDE!
Extras aren’t necessary for this tasty recipe, but it works so well as a base. Plus, you can make a different variation every day of the week.
What kind of variation did you make? Tag us on Instagram #veganglutenfreelife with a pic of your salsa!
What to serve with this mango salsa:
- Favorite tortilla chips
- Fresh carrot chips & other fresh sliced veggies
- Vegan Nacho Cheese loaded nachos topped with this killer salsa
Fresh Mango Salsa Recipe Video
In short, have fun in the kitchen, don’t take yourself too seriously. Subscribe, share, and let me know how “YOU” made this fresh mango salsa your own. Share your positive comments and ideas below or on Instagram. ❤️ from VGFL
- 1 cup fresh mango diced
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Throw all the ingredients into a bowl. Stir until well incorporated. Refrigerate until cold. You can make it a day ahead if you store it in a air-tight container.
- Serve with chips and salsa or on the side of your favorite dish.