Need an easy healthy snack for kids and adults alike? Of course! Easy roasted chickpeas are the perfect answer. This is a plant-based snack that is not only easy but allergy-friendly, gluten-free, soy-free, corn-free, and nut-free. Perfect morning, noon, and night.
My daughter Clare loves loves loves my easy roasted chickpea snack. So when she was home from college surfing the pantry I got the request, “mom can you please make roasted chickpeas?” “Of course,” I said. Hense, 35 minutes later we were impatiently waiting for them to cool.
Are chickpeas and garbanzo beans the same? Yes! The bean named “chickpea” is the English name and “garbanzo” is the Spanish name. They taste and look very similar, both nutritious and delicious!
Chickpeas and garbanzo beans are packed full of healthy benefits.
Types and color of chickpeas
Now, that we solved the name problem. Are there different types of chickpeas? Yes. I ran across two that are the most common
- Kabuli – large in size, beige color, smooth thin skin.
- Desi– smaller, darker skin, a rough outer surface and yellow inside. Chickpeas can be beige (common), green, black, or brown.
Yes, homemade snacks are easy
- Olive Oil
- Nutritional Yeast
- Dried Parsley
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Himalayan Salt (optional)
This is truly a snack you can create just for you and your family’s taste buds. Like spicy? Add cayenne pepper or hot sauce in place of the oil. Exotic? Try truffle oil or a truffle and parsley herb mixture. Sweet? How about cinnamon, brown sugar, maple syrup, or sprinkles for some fun?
Not just an appetizer or snack
While you’re popping these beauties in your mouth, consider other ways to use these tasty morsels. Add to a salad, tacos, crushed and sprinkled over-roasted vegetables. Get what I am saying? SO many options and so good for you!
In short, have fun in the kitchen, don’t take yourself too seriously. Subscribe, share, and let me know how “YOU” made it your own. Share your positive comments and suggestions. ❤️ from VGFL.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- Rinse and clean garbanzo beans under cold water and let drain. Pat dry between 2 paper towels.
- Add garbanzo beans and all remaining ingredients into a large ziplock bag or bowl and mix until well covered.
- Pour garbanzo bean mixture onto a large cookie sheet and bake for 25-35 minutes, depending on your oven and your preference for crunchiness.
- Let cool and enjoy as a great snack!