This is the Best Vegan Macaroni Salad, EVER!
Macaroni salad is such an easy recipe. This by far one of my favorites. Making it vegan couldn’t be easier. The base is vegan mayo, go from there and add what makes you happiest. Chill and you’re ready to serve.
Did I mention it’s incredibly easy? All you need is 15 minutes and 10 ingredients for this super simple macaroni recipe. This dish is the perfect addition to any meal, party, picnic, or get together.
Need gluten free
No problem. Just make sure you don’t overcook the noodles. If the box states cook for 10 minutes, check them in 7 to 8. It is best if the noodles are al dente. Once you add in the wet ingredients the noodles will get a little softer. If you don’t need gluten-free don’t use them. GF is always a little more difficult.
Warmer weather is on the horizon so start experimenting with this recipe. Before you know it your family and friends will be requesting this dish at all your upcoming events! Vegan or not everyone is going to love this macaroni salad.
Have fun in the kitchen, don’t take yourself too seriously. Subscribe, share, and let me know how “YOU” made it your own. Share your positive comments and suggestions. Love from VGFL.
- 1 12 ounce box gluten-free elbow pasta
- 1/2 cup vegan mayo soy-free if desired
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 1/2 cup celery diced
- 1/2 cup dill pickles diced
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 fresh lemon juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook gluten-free elbow pasta according to pasta’s directions. (Each GF pasta has its own set of specific directions, GF pasta can be sensitive)
- Drain pasta and rinse under cold water.
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients and mix well to combine.
- Eat immediately or cover and place in the fridge to store.