Easy Bok Choy Salad is not only easy, deliciously light, refreshing, it’s flavor is exquisite. Bok choy stays crunchy and savory for hours. The mild flavor of bok choy will have you wanting to use it in a multitude of recipes. Wait until you hear about its health benefits.
Bok Choy is a variety of Chinese “non-headed” cabbage. “Bok Choy” means “white vegetable” in Chinese. Not all bok choy has a white stem, it can be green, yellow and purple. No matter what the stem color it is chock-full of nutrients. We are talking over 21 nutrients, rich in beta-carotene, antioxidants, anti-inflammatories, vitamins A, K, C, magnesium, and zinc, damn! That isn’t everything, research this cruciferous vegetable you too will want to eat it for every meal.
Shopping Tips: look for firm stems, bright green leaves, free of brown or yellow spots, and stored in a cool environment. Once you have your bok choy home, wash off this dirty veggie, place it in a large plastic storage bag and remove as much air as possible. The best place to store your bok choy is in your crisper. It should last for about a week when stored properly. I personally like to eat it within a couple of days,
Bok choy is a great vegetable not only for salads, try it in your favorite stir fry, grilled on the barbecue, or lightly sautéed. The less you cook it the more nutritious it will be.
I love the freshness of this salad. The addition of the green onions and radishes adds just the right hint of flavors. Depending on your radishes, they can add a bit of a bite which is all good. Before serving top with the toasted almonds, yum!
Easy Bok Choy Salad
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons agave
- 3 tablespoons gluten free soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 2 bunches baby bok choy cleaned, coarsely chopped
- 1 bunch green onions chopped
- 1/2 cup radishes sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon vegan butter
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- salt to taste
- In a glass jar with a lid, mix together olive oil, white vinegar, sugar, and soy sauce. Close the lid, and shake until well mixed.
- Combine the bok choy, green onions, and radishes in a salad bowl. Toss with dressing, top with toasted almonds and serve.
- In medium sauce pan melt butter over medium low heat adding in almonds and salt. Cook until lightly browned