Growing up this simple yet delicious salad was on the dinner table daily. My dad literally made this for almost every dinner. His version of a homemade sauce was a bottled Italian dressing poured generously over the vegetables. It was a lot. So I decide to make this comfort food a bit healthier and fresher. Thanks for the idea dad.
This salad is quick and super refreshing. It is not your traditional salad, but it will be the easiest salad you’ll ever make. That being said, it is also super versatile.
Tomato and cucumber salad can easily be made into a tomato and green bell pepper salad or cucumber and sliced cooked beets salad. The options are simply endless. This salad is a great way to use up leftover cut-up vegetables or anything you have in the fridge. No one will recognize them from the night before, promise!
Now grab those veggies and start chopping! Thow them in a bowl cover with marinade. Take those beauties and place them in a bowl and make them pretty.
Have some fun in the kitchen and don’t take yourself too seriously. Subscribe, share, and let me know how “YOU” made it your own. I look forward to your positive comments and suggestions. Love from VGFL.
- 8 Campari tomatoes , sliced
- 1 english cucumber , sliced
- 2-3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 fresh lime , squeezed
- 1/4 cup chives , chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- In serving dish place sliced tomatoes on one side and sliced cucumber on the other. Mix apple cider vinegar and lime in small bowl, drizzle over tomatoes and cucumbers.
- Sprinkle chives over tomatoes and cucumbers, salt and pepper to taste. Yum
- Infused Tomato Cucumber salad. Whole Food, Whole Life!
Delicious quick and easy recipe. Thank you for the recipe.
Thanks for checking in with VGFL!