Quick rice with spinach makes an amazing side. Quick brown rice takes 90 seconds in the microwave. Always better to have long grain rice, but in a pinch this recipes is great. When you make the extra effort of adding a few vegetables, lemon and wine,wow, now it becomes interesting. The added lemon and wine infuses a freshness and pop of flavor. If you don’t want to use wine replace the liquid with vegetable broth, still awesome.
Quick rice is super family friendly. When you run in the house and everyone is hungry, grab some leftovers. Add leftover vegetables, beans, meat alternatives, and two bags of rice, if you need it, you now have a one pan complete meal. Pair this recipe with a side of fresh cut vegetables and or fruit, your done. Yum.
Infused Quick Rice. Whole Food, Whole Life!
- 1 container baby spinach
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 large lemon , squeezed and zest for the end
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 6 small green onions , chopped
- 1 bag of brown quick rice , cooked
- Sauté half of the spinach on medium high in wine for 5 minutes until some of the wine has cooked off.
- Turn heat off add remaining spinach and the rest of the ingredients. Ready to be served
- Infused Quick Rice with Spinach. Whole Food, Whole Life!