Soup in the spring and summer? Absolutely! Sweet potato lentil soup looks like a bowl of sunshine. This easy savory soup is a meal in itself. A side of cut-up beautiful fresh vegetables, gluten free baguette, DINNER! Take your pretty bowl outside and the enjoy the sunshine.
Every day, eat as many colorful fruits and veggies that you can. What could happen? Lose weight, lower your cholesterol, fill your body with powerful antioxidants and vitamins. Come on, join in, and feel the power of a plant based diet.
- 3 sweet potatoes roasted
- 1 head garlic roasted
- 1 cup red lentils cooked
- 3 small sweet onions
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger grated
- 2 tbsp thyme
- 1 cup white wine
- 6 cups vegan broth
- 1 lemon optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Clean sweet potatoes individually wrap each potato in foil.
- Cut the top off the head of the garlic, drizzle lightly with oil, place in foil wrap and close.
- Place sweet potatoes and garlic on baking sheet roast until potatoes and garlic are soft, approximately 45 minutes. Remove from oven, open foil and let cool.
- Wash and cook lentils according to package.
- On medium heat melt vegan butter in dutch oven or large sauce pan. Add onions and sauté until translucent.
- Add white wine to onions, cook down by half.
- Cut up roasted sweet potatoes add to pan along with garlic cloves, (squeeze the cooled cloves over the pan) ginger and thyme
- Bring ingredients to a boil. Reduce heat. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Carefully place the soup into a blender (in small batches). Blend until smooth. Add more broth if needed.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Serve and enjoy!