Stuffed mushrooms can be a pain in the a#* and require patience. Not this recipe. Same great flavors of individually stuffed button mushrooms without the hassle. Easy, quick, savory, one dish, vegan, vegetarian, gluten free and healthy. Add a salad or a side of fresh veggies, done!
This recipe was inspired after a week of college visits. Left with little time for much, I dove into the fridge. Grabbed the large Costco bag of broccoli, button portobello mushrooms and began. A bag of organic quinoa and kale contributed the plant based protein, also from Costco. Herbs, nutritional yeast, garlic, awesome jared marinara sauce, vegan cheese, a little of this and that, tada, dinner!
Serve the stuffed mushrooms over gluten free noodles or spaghetti squash. Pair this yummy dinner with a side salad, cut up veggies, a gluten free baguette and you’ll have one happy family!
Remember to make it your own, have fun in the kitchen, and enjoy infused veggies!
Easy Stuffed Mushrooms
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 4 cups broccoli florets, chopped
- 1/2-1 cup shallot, diced
- 1 8 oz. bag quinoa and kale, cooked
- 1 32 oz. jar marinara sauce 1 cup for stuffing
- 1 24 oz. container Bella button mushrooms organic
- 1 cup vegan shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Cook quinoa and kale according to package.
- In large bowl add nutritional yeast, garlic, chopped broccoli, diced shallots, cooked quinoa kale bag and 1 cup marinara. Mix well.
- Wipe down button mushrooms with damp cloth. Place in bottom of 9 X 12 baking dish.
- Cover mushrooms with stuffing ingredients.
- Evenly pour remaining sauce over stuffing.
- Optional: Top with vegan cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30-40 minutes. Until bubbly and lightly browned.
- Serve over gluten free noodles or spaghetti squash.