Black lentils are considered the caviar of lentils. These black beauties are delicious and packed full of protein, flavor, and fiber. Curry dishes are bold, spicy and easy. This is a recipe that will catch your taste buds attention.
This dish is crazy versatile. Make it with lentils of any color, millet or a meat substitute of your choosing. Add in sriracha, fresh ginger, turmeric, cumin, red peppers, cilantro the options are endless.
This is a recipe that you can have some fun with. Don’t think too hard, jump in and enjoy the curry ride!
- 1 cup black lentils
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup red onion diced
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup red curry paste gluten free
- 1 (13 ounce) can organic lite coconut milk
- 1/2 cup white wine or vegan broth
- 2 limes, squeezed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 container extra firm tofu grilled
- 1 cup tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 cup sprouts
- 1 lime zest
- 4 cups baby kale or spinach
- Wash and cook lentils according to packaged directions. Drain.
- Heat oil in large sauce pan add in onion and garlic. Sauté 5-6 minutes until onions are translucent.
- Stir curry paste into onion and garlic, blend well.
- Add in coconut milk and wine to curry paste, stir, bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- To the sauce add in cooked lentils and lime. Bring back to a boil reduce heat to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve curry lentils over kale, spinach, or noodles. Add toppings. ENJOY!