Roasted green beans and red onions could not be easier. This recipe is not only easy but fresh, flavorful, and delicious.
I was inspired to make a green bean dish reminiscent of a holiday favorite. The green bean onion casserole dish I grew up with was anything but fresh. I was inspired to make a fresh crisp option without all the fat and cream. Minus the cream, canned beans and canned onion, replacing with fresh ingredients makes it the nutritious option with fuller flavors. Instead of masking the flavor of the bean keep the integrity by adding less. Sometimes less is more!
Remember, make it your own, have fun in the kitchen, and infuse your veggies!
- 4 cups fresh whole green beans , cleaned and trimmed
- 1 cup red onions , sliced thin
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 teaspoons corse salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Place trimmed, washed, and dried green beans on foil lined cookie sheet. Add red onions to beans drizzle with oil and coarse salt.
- Cook for 12 minutes.
Remember, make it your own, have fun in the kitchen and enjoy infusing some veggies!