Baby potatoes and white bean salad is super easy, vegan, gluten free and a tasty summer side dish. I made this quick salad before I had to run my daughter off to dive practice. Great salad when you are in a hurry but still want a delicious salad.
First, Happy be-lated Mother’s Day and I apologize for not having a food hack this Monday morning. I was enjoying a wonderful Mother’s Day with my amazing family and didn’t feel like cooking. I will have a food hack next Monday.
Back to the recipe. This is truly one of the easiest salads that I have thrown together. I literally opened the refrigerator, grabbed some fresh produce, beans from the pantry, pulled out some spices and it came together. The only part of the recipe that took any time was cooking the potatoes and letting them cool. While I was cooking the potatoes I got the rest of the ingredients prepared. If you know you are going to make this salad prepare the potatoes the day before and refrigerate.
Give this simple salad a try. To enhance the flavors add fresh herbs. Chop up some dill or basil for added freshness. I always love to add greens into my salads, baby spinach, collards, baby kale, fresh beans, really up to you. Enjoy the upcoming summer with great salads, keep it light and fresh sometimes less is more.
Remember make it your own, have fun in the kitchen and infuse some veggies!
- 1.5 pounds baby dutch yellow potatoes
- 1 (19 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup sweet corn kernels (fresh, frozen, or canned & rinsed)
- 6 green onions , chopped
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo
- 1/4 cup dill pickles , diced
- 1/2 fresh lemon , squeezed
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground lemon pepper
- Prepare potatoes, boil in water until potatoes are soft but not mushy, 10 to 20 minutes depending upon size of potatoes. Let cool. Now cut the potatoes in small halves or quarters.
- In large bowl add potatoes, beans, corn, and green onions.
- In small bowl mix together vegan mayonnaise, pickles, lemon, and vinegar. Once it is blended together add to potatoes, beans and corn blend until coated with mayonnaise mixture. Top with celery seed, salt and pepper stir together.
Remember make it your own, have fun in the kitchen, and enjoy infusing some veggies!