Red cabbage sauté is a bright addition to any dish or meal. This beautiful red cabbage sauté side dish is not just stunning to look at, but is also simply delicious.
Don’t be afraid to try something new and daring, it’s only food. Have some fun!
Red Cabbage Sauté
- 1 large red cabbage
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large shallot sliced
- 1 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon thai red curry paste (optional)
- 1/2 lime
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Core red cabbage. Coarsely chop, add to strainer, and clean.
- In a large sauce pan, sauté shallots in olive oil for 2 minutes until translucent.
- Add white wine to shallots and cook down by half, approximately 3 to 4 minutes. Add cabbage to shallots.
- Combine red wine vinegar, agave nectar, and red curry paste, cook down for 10 minutes or until most of the liquid is cooked off and cabbage is tender.
- Place in serving dish. Squeeze lime juice over cabbage and salt to taste.
- Options: add any type of favorite "heat" a little lime zest is also yummy.