Vegan tacos are such a versatile dinner for even your pickiest family members. As my family knows, I love buffet style dinners. Tacos are a great way to have friends and family customize their food choices. I always appreciate going out and choosing what goes on my plate, who doesn’t?
Have fun with mixing up tacos by making taco salads, wraps, shells, tortillas, baked potatoes, the options are simply endless.
- 1 onion , sliced
- 5 small eggplants , sliced lengthwise
- 6 small or 3 large colorful peppers , sliced lengthwise
- 4 cups broccoli flowerets
- Olive oil , drizzled
- Salt (desired amount)
- 1 15 ounce can refried beans
- 1 package meatless alternative , I use Beyond Beef Beefy Crumble
- 1 8 ounce package quick cook brown rice
- 1-2 Romaine lettuce heads
- Gluten free taco shells (they are not corn free)
- Preheat oven 425 degrees fahrenheit
- In a large bowl, combine onion, eggplant, peppers, and broccoli. Coat vegetables with a couple tablespoons of olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Cover a large cookie sheet with foil and spread vegetables evenly on sheet.
- Cook vegetables on middle rack of oven for 12 to 15 minutes until browned, keep an eye on them to make sure they don't overcook.
- In the meantime heat refried beans, cook meatless alternative and follow brown rice cooking directions.
- Separate romaine lettuce heads into individual "lettuce cups." These will act like taco shells.
- Once everything is cooked, set up like an assembly line: Lettuce cups and/or tacos first, beans, meat alternative, rice, vegetables, then condiments. Time to enjoy!
Leftovers are also a great alternative to use for tacos, add a side of quick rice with a spoonful of salsa gives the rice a Mexican flare.
I like to put all the ingredients out buffet style so everyone can customize with their favorites.
Pair with salsa, guacamole, lettuce, spinach,there are endless options.