With Saint Patrick’s Day and my Irish blood flowing strong I wanted to veganize some traditional Irish fair. While watching Rachel Ray recently I saw her make “Old Bay Beer Battered Cod Sandwiches with Malt Vinegar Slaw” and I decided to veganize it- Fishless and Chips Sandwiches with Vinegar Slaw.
These are almost homemade, making it an easy meal for on the go families. These sandwiches are mouth watering good. Give it a try and watch your family drool over these.
- 4 to 6 vegan fishless filets , Gardein if not gluten-free or Sophie’s Kitchen for gluten-free allergies
- Slaw Recipe;
- 1 14 ounce bag cole slaw
- 1 cup baby kale , chopped
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 fresh lemon , squeezed
- 2 tablespoons agave
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon celery seed , 1/2 celery salt
- 1/2 fresh ground lemon pepper
- 3 tablespoons red onion , finely sliced
- Sandwich toppings;
- 4 to 6 sandwich rolls , gluten or gluten-free
- Bread and butter pickles
- Salt and vinegar chips
- Vegan tartar sauce , optional
- Cook fishless filets as directed by package.
- Whisk up apple cider vinegar, agave, olive oil, salt, pepper, and celery seed. Add cole slaw, kale, and onion, and toss to coat.
- Plate fishless filets on rolls lined with bread-and-butter pickles and topped with vinegar slaw and a few chips for an added crunch.
- Add tartar sauce if you desire.
- Infused Fishless Chips. Whole Food, Whole Life!