How to video:
Whose craving a delicious veggie-filled jackfruit ragu? This easy recipe is vegan, soy-free, nut-free, gluten-free, and corn-free. All I needed was veggies, jackfruit, and my Instant Pot. All my girls are home for spring break and I needed a quick and tasty recipe to feed a house full.
These beautiful ingredients create an amazing meal. Add whatever you want to make this recipe with your own spin.
Try this belly-filling healthy ragu recipe today, what are you waiting for?
Remember to make it your own comment and tell me
how you made it your own.
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 sweet onion chopped
- 4-6 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup carrots chopped
- 1/4 cup celery chopped
- 2 20 oz cans jackfruit in brine shredded
- 1 28 oz can whole peeled tomatoes chopped with juice
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar or red wine
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 bay leaf optional, not for everyone
- 1/2-3/4 cup water as needed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Use the sauté setting on the Instant Pot and heat the water or oil. Sauté the onions until they are transparent, about 6-8 minutes. Add the garlic, carrots, and celery to the onions and sauté for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Rinse and shred the jackfruit with your hands. Remove any of the large seeds or chop them up if you want to use them.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the Instant Pot. Put on the lid and make sure it is set to seal. Set the Instant Pot on manual setting and set the timer for 10 minutes.
- When it is finished cooking, allow the pressure to release on its own, the silver pressure gauge will drop down.
- Taste and add additional herbs, salt, and pepper to taste if desired.
- Serve over gluten-free pasta, spaghetti squash, spiralized vegetables, polenta, sweet potato rounds, or anything your heart desires.