Gluten-free stuffing isn’t as difficult as it may seem. Being gluten-free can be a daily challenge, let alone during the holidays. But I’m here to tell you, you can do it! Join me on the road to stuffing bliss. Pair it with shallot gravy, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, millet muffins, and mashed rutabaga and your holiday dinner is complete.
Gluten-free stuffing can be tough to come by. This is an iconic holiday side dish and one of my family’s favorites. We can’t get enough of this aromatic dish of delectable goodness. Damn, I’m starving just thinking about the flavors and aromas of sage, rosemary, thyme, onion, garlic, broth, gravy. Stuffing brings back the memories of family and the comfort of a warm bread blanket! Okay, okay I am going a bit too far, but I LOVE it!
The versatility of stuffing is endless. My recipe will give you a great starting point, you can then make it your own from there.
You can also find gluten-free stuffing cubes at many stores these days too! Whole Foods, Trader Joes, Aldis, Amazon, Earth Fare, and more… They all have it! Not all are vegan, but most are vegetarian, remember to read the labels for what your family eats.
Have some fun in the kitchen and don’t take yourself too seriously. Subscribe, share, and let me know how “YOU” made it your own. I look forward to your positive comments and suggestions. VGFL
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare flax-egg. Using a small bowl, add 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed with 3 tablespoons warm water. Stir until mixed together. Set aside to thicken.
- To make the stuffing use one loaf of stale bread. Cube bread with a knife or break apart into 1-inch pieces.
- Using a large saute pan, melt butter on medium heat. Add in onions, cook until translucent 6-8 minutes. Add garlic and saute for 1-2 minutes. Add in celery and cook for an additional 6-8 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Turn off heat and add the rest of the ingredients, including flax-egg. Stir until ingredients are well mixed.
- Place stuffing into a 9 x 12 serving dish. Cook in center of the oven for 25-30 minutes or until top is lightly crisp. Serve.