Easy 3 Ingredient Applesauce is a delicious autumn treat and couldn’t be easier. Applesauce is a savory healthy snack or side anytime especially in the height of apple season. Shop the local farmers market or apple farm and grab some of these juicy beauties!
I have long envied the taste of homemade applesauce but assumed I could never make it. I decided to bite the bullet (or apple) and give it a try. I researched the best apples and best seasons and printed countless recipes. In the end, I came up with my own.
Grab a couple of bags of your favorite apples, lemon, and cinnamon. Drag out the crockpot, add apples, lemon, cinnamon, and water. Done! Turn it on high for 4 hours or on low for 6 hours. Make sure there’s enough liquid so it doesn’t burn. Some apples have more juice than others so keep an eye on it.
Have fun in the kitchen and let me know how YOU made it your own.
- 1 (3 pounds) bag sweet apples
- 1 (3 pounds) bag tart apples
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 lemon juiced
- Wash, peel, core, and slice apples into 1/2 slices. Add all ingredients to a crockpot, stir to combine.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- Serve warm, or refrigerate if you prefer it cold.