Roasted tomato soup is savory, easy and delicious. I promise you will want to eat all of it! It is time to warm up from the inside out and this is just the soup to do it! This smooth and creamy roasted tomato soup recipe is gluten-free and vegan too! It is a perfect main meal or side.
When you blend the roasted tomatoes, onions and garlic the flavors meld together to give an amazing flavor. Top with fresh basil, rosemary, and a drizzle of coconut cream finish, something you purchased from a four-star restaurant. Plus, it’ll be far less expensive and in the comfort of your own home.
Ingredients to get you started:
- Vegan Broth
- Plant-based Milk
- Fresh Herbs and Spices
Most importantly, when making a delicious, savory, comfort food soup; fresh organic tomatoes and first-rate ingredients will make this soup memorable. This roasted tomato soup recipe doesn’t need many ingredients so make them good.
Roasted Tomato Soup an amazing comfort food you’ll make over and over again. ENJOY!
In short, have fun in the kitchen, don’t take yourself too seriously. Subscribe, share, and let me know how “YOU” made it your own. Share your positive comments and suggestions. Love from VGFL.
- 2-3 pounds Fresh tomatoes, sliced
- 6-8 cloves fresh garlic
- 1/8-1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 1-2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1 cup white wine
- 1/2 lemon, juice
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1-2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh basil and rosemary
- coconut cream
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place sliced tomatoes, and garlic in large bowl drizzle with olive oil, lightly salt, mix and coat with hands. Using a slotted spoon, transfer mixture onto large baking sheet covered with parchment (don’t pour onto pan it will be too wet, oily, and won’t roast properly).
- Roast tomatoes, and garlic for 20 to 25 minutes until lightly roasted.
- While roasting, using a large fry pan, heat medium-high add in butter once hot add onions. Saute onions 5-8 minutes until translucent or lightly browned, do not overcook. Now add in white wine, bring to a slow boil, cook down by half 8-10 minutes. Drizzle lemon juice and stir.
- Using a large soup pan, add sauteed onion mixture, roasted tomatoes, and garlic, vegan broth, bay leaf and rosemary. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Discard bay leaves and rosemary. Using a heat-resistant cup carefully add to blender. Blend until smooth in batches until smooth. Place back into large soup pan and re-heat. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with gluten-free baguette, salad, or on the side. Top with fresh herbs and drizzle with coconut cream.