Tofu egg breakfast sandwich is a savory morning meal. Tofu egg breakfast sandwich alternative, savory, vegan, gluten free, satisfying meal the whole family will enjoy.
My husband and girls use to enjoy my homemade breakfast sandwich before we infused our life with whole foods. I have been working on egg alternatives for the last couple of years. I really enjoy the process of making vegan alternatives to our old favorites.
Infused tofu egg breakfast sandwich. Whole food, Whole life
- 2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 fresh lemon , squeezed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- Tofu Egg
- 1 14 ounce extra firm tofu , drained and pressed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sandwich Fixings
- Gluten-free sandwich bread
- Sliced tomato
- Sliced avocado
- Broccoli sprouts
- In square dish or bowl, blend marinade ingredients until combined.
- Cut tofu into a round shape with 3 1/2" round cookie cutter or knife.
- Add tofu to marinade.
- Marinate tofu for 1 hour. (Can be marinated in refrigerator all day if you have the time.)
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil. Remove tofu from marinade and place in the hot oil. Cook until browned on both sides, about 3-5 minutes each side.
- Serve on a piece of gluten-free toast with lettuce, sliced tomato, sliced avocado, and sprouts.