Whether it is Super Bowl Sunday or appetizer Friday, this is one recipe you don’t want to miss. Guilt-free vegan stuffed jalapeños are melt in your mouth good. I promise!
How to recipe video:h
In the blink of an eye, this appetizer will disappear. These healthy vegan stuffed jalapeños are so tasty you’ll pop them in your mouth until they’re gone.
As a major plus, they are guilt-free!
This vegan gluten-free recipe uses plant-based protein rich almond-milk cream cheese. 3g of protein per serving of these delicious peppers. Not too shabby, if I do say so myself.
Run to the grocery store or order up some jalapeños and vegan cream cheese from amazon prime now because you’re making stuffed jalapeños tonight! Just 7 ingredients (most of which are common pantry items) and 25 minutes are all you need.
- 10 Jalapeño peppers halved and seeds removed
- 8 ounces vegan cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon sundried tomatoes rinsed and chopped
- 1/4 cup vegan mozzarella shredded
- lime zest
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Prepare the jalapeños by cutting in half and removing seeds, set aside. Wash your hands and whatever you do, DON’T touch your eyes or face!
- In a medium bowl stir together cream cheese, lime juice, garlic powder, and onion powder. Fold in sundried tomatoes.
- Stuff jalapeños with cream cheese mixture. Place stuffed jalapeños onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Sprinkle each jalapeno with shredded vegan cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Broil on high for an additional couple of minutes until browned. Place on serving dish and top with lime zest.
So, our vegan cream cheese completely melted. There was a puddle of “cream cheese” on the bottom of the baking pan and absolutely nothing inside the jalapeno. We used Violife brand. Is there a better brand?
Some vegan cream cheese works better than others. I found the tofu version works best but I cannot always use it since my daughter has a soy allergy. I had the same problem as you did when I used another brand. Hard sometimes to make it work when converting dairy recipes to nondairy.