First of all, I love roasted brussel sprouts. Therefore, I want to share this recipe with everyone! When cooked properly, these beauties will quickly become a staple in your house. Roasted brussel sprouts are incredibly easy, vegan, and gluten-free. Roasting not only makes them appetizing, but incredibly delicious!
Not Sure How To Cut?
Here is my “How to Cut Brussel Sprouts” video to make cutting and prepping Brussel sprouts seamless and easy, four ways.
Brussel sprouts look like itty bitty tiny cabbage. Many people turn their noses up to brussel sprouts because if they are not cooked right they can be bitter and soggy. YUCK! The key to eliminating the bitter taste and tough texture is with proper cooking techniques. Roasting is the easiest and most effective way. The best way to get that beautiful carmalized color is with olive oil.
Incontrast, not a fan of using oil? No problem replace it with vegan broth. The sprouts may not get as golden brown but they will still be delicious. The Brussel Sprouts pictured below are sliced thin and coated in broth, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper. As a result of no oil, they still remained tasty bites of perfection.
The result of good cooking techniques; roasted Brussel sprouts that are caramelized, full of flavor, crisp outer coating, and beautiful color. A perfect addition to any daily meal.
Above all, have some fun in the kitchen and don’t take yourself too seriously. Subscribe, share, and let me know how “YOU” made it your own. I look forward to your positive comments and suggestions.
Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- 6 cups brussel sprouts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 tbsp red pepper flakes
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut off brussel sprout ends and then cut in half. Clean and dry.
- Place Brussel sprouts in a large bowl and add oil, salt, pepper, and lemon stir to coat evenly.
- Cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper or cooking spray. Using hands, transfer sprouts placing them flat side down in one layer.
- Roast in the oven until sprouts are caramelized, approximately 20-25 minutes. Careful not to overcook or burn.
- Remove sprouts from oven when done. Place in a shallow dish so they don't continue to cook and become soggy.
- Top with fresh lemon zest and or sprinkle with optional red peppers serve. Enjoy!