Rainbow vegetable pizza is not only beautiful, it is full of nutritious veggies, gluten free and vegan. Get your family involved when making this colorful pizza have fun with it.
Rainbow Vegetable Pizza is the 5th recipe in honor of the families and victim of the Orlando shootings. I have 44 more recipes to go.
I really had fun with this recipe. Deciding on which vegetables to use to create a rainbow pizza was harder than I thought. There are so many vegetable options so make it with your personal favorites.
I love looking at all the beautiful vegetables while putting the pizza together. All the yummy veggies will have you hungry just making it. Pop some in your mouth while arranging the pizza. Eat as many fresh vegetables as you can.
Gluten free and vegan crust can be a challenge. All the vegetables on this pizza can make it difficult to get the crust crispy. The vegetables hold a lot of water which can make crust less crisp. Adjusting time and temperature can help. A few less vegetable toppings will also help to crisp up the crust.
Remember to make it your own, have fun in the kitchen, and enjoy infusing some veggies!
- 1-2 cups cherry tomatoes , cut in half
- 1 orange pepper , chopped
- 1-2 yellow squash , chopped
- 1 cup spinach , chopped
- 1 cup asparagus , chopped and lightly steamed (optional)
- 1 small red onion , chopped
- 1 gluten free pizza crust
- 1/2 cup fresh basil , cleaned and sliced (optional)
- 2 cups raw cashews , soaked for 3 hours, drain
- 1-2 cups dairy free milk
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Start assembling the pizza. Lay down a layer of cashew sauce to for desired taste. Start from outside edge with chopped tomatoes and work towards the center ending with the chopped red onion. Top pizza with fresh sliced basil.
- Place pizza directly on oven rack. Cook for 12-15 minutes depending on thickness of the crust.
- Add soaked and drained cashews to food processor along with 1 cup of the dairy free milk, nutritional yeast, garlic, lemon juice blend well. Add remaining milk as needed for a creamy sauce not too thick or thin.
Remember make it your own, have fun in the kitchen and enjoy infusing some veggies!