Are you looking for a simple quarantini cocktail for happy hour this Friday? We’ve got you covered with this refreshing quarantini cocktail recipe. It’s made out of ingredients you likely already have so no grocery shopping/leaving the house needed.
Who is ready for a happy hour? We’re rounding out the week and it’s time to celebrate. Even though we are all social distancing right now that doesn’t mean we can’t enjoy a Friday evening happy hour with friends and family through FaceTime, Zoom, Skype, etc.
Pick up organic berries
We can all use some fresh healthy berries in our lives right now. If you can’t get out to buy fresh, frozen will do. Fun Fact: frozen fruits and vegetables are flash-frozen at their peak of ripeness, making them a healthy option when fresh is unavailable.
It’s important to keep in touch with your family and friends during this time. Loneliness can get the better of any of us and pull us into a bad state of mind. Remember your mental health is just as important as your physical health.
We could all use a bit of sweet right about now
As we are all social distancing and feeling lonely, a little bit of sugar always helps! Don’t want to use granular sugar? There is always organic agave as a replacement. Work with what you have.
The ingredient blend up beautifully. Depending on your berry the seeds will have to be strained. Strain either before poured into the shaker or before you poured into your favorite martini glass.
Healthy refreshing mocktail
Don’t want to add alcohol; little too early in the day, or your kids wanting a taste? Replace the alcohol with coconut water, blend, strain, pour into ice-filled glass, and add a splash of flavored sparkling water. You decide.
Ways to keep in touch:
- Live stream…
- happy hour (with a quarantini)
- game night with friends
- everyone plays the same game while live streaming
- friends’ night in
- friendly chat
- just hang out together
- do a craft or activity together
- self-care like mani and pedi
- puppy playdate
- Oldfashioned letters or homemade cards
- Social media of choice
If you or someone you know is suicidal or in emotional distress, contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
What to pair with your refreshing cocktail?
How about vegan mac and cheese, nacho cheese dip, a charcuterie board, vegan ranch with fresh veggies, or maybe just throw a frozen pizza in the oven or order delivery from a local family-owned restaurant (please don’t drink and drive).
In short, have fun in the kitchen, don’t take yourself too seriously. Subscribe, share, and let me know how “YOU” made it your own. Share your positive comments and suggestions. ❤️ from VGFL.
- Blender or food processor
- 1/2 cup fruit of choice strawberries, berries, clementines, grapes, etc.
- 1 tbsp sugar or agave or simple syrup
- 1/2 lemon freshly juiced
- 5 ounces vodka or gin
- In a blender or food processor, add washed and ready to eat fruit of choice, sugar, and lemon juice and blend until pureed and liquid.
- Strain fresh fruit juice if you don't like seeds, or want to remove large seeds or skin.
- Combine fruit juice, vodka, and a handful of ice cups in a drink shaker for 30 seconds.
- Pour into a martini glass or high ball glass, garnish with a piece of fresh fruit or lemon if you'd like.