The reason I use oat flour? I am gluten-free, love getting fiber anyway I can, and the result, I can satisfy my morning cravings. This is a filling, easy, delightful morning treat. Or heck, or as my family likes traditionally breakfast foods, for dinner! Whoa!
Being not much of a breakfast person, however, I am always looking for something I can sink my teeth into with some texture. Not too mushy or bland. Personally, I am a bit of a salty, crunchy kind of person. That being said, I actually like these pancakes. In other words, easy to change it up to suit your taste. As for me, I add some crunch to satisfy my need to chew.
Don’t like them too sweet? Take a frozen bag of organic fruit pop it on the stove. Heat it up until they are nice and hot, and a little syrupy. Toss a few pancakes on a plate top with your piping hot fruit and therefore, natural sweet goodness is yours.
In conclusion, enjoy oat flour pancakes any time of day. Above all, have fun in the kitchen and let me know how YOU made it your own! Look forward to hearing from you. ENJOY!
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed blend with 3 tablspoons warm water to make a flax “egg”
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1 cup fresh or frozen organic berries
- In a small bowl add ground flax-seed stir in 3 tablespoons warm water. Set to the side
- Using a large bowl add banana and mash with the back of a fork until smooth. In the same bowl now add in the oat flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, vanilla extract, and flax “egg.” Blend together.
- Slowly add the plant-based to the flour mixture stirring with a fork until it just comes together, do not overmix.
- Let the batter sit for up to 30 minutes if you can, otherwise, 5-10 minutes will do.
- Place 1/2 of the vegan butter onto a griddle or large fry pan save the rest for the next batch.
- Use a 1/4 measuring cup to scoop out the batter.
- Allow the pancakes to bubble before flipping. Cook until golden brown on each side.
- Top with fresh fruit, maple syrup, or whatever your tastebuds are hankering for.
So easy and delicious!