Grilled tofu steak is such an easy main dish to create. Tofu will take on the flavor of pretty much anything you marinate it with. The longer you marinate, the more flavorful it will become. Tofu can be so much fun to work with, give it a try today and let me know what you think!
Grilling tofu can be a challenge. My husband likes to use a grill pan or boat. Tofu has a tendency to fall apart if it is cut too thin. I personally like it thin, for me it adds more texture. The problem with thinly cut tofu is that it can fall through the grates. Take your time to learn how to cook this great meat alternative, it is well worth it!
Infused Grilled Tofu Steak. ENJOY!
- 1 14 ounce package of extra firm tofu
- 1/2 cup gluten free soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- fresh ground pepper
- Remove tofu from package, drain and place in tofu press or between paper towels to dry thoroughly.
- Slice tofu in half, width wise and then slice into 1/4 inch slices. Be careful not to slice it too thin or it will fall apart.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix all sauce ingredients until well combined. Place tofu slices in the bowl to allow them to generously soak up the marinade.
- Heat stove top grill pan or barbecue. Sear the tofu for 5 minutes on each side.
Serve over quinoa noodles and grilled vegetables. Or place the grilled tofu on your favorite bun with all the fixins’.