Garbanzo bean chicken-less salad is an allergy friendly spin on “chicken salad” or “tuna salad.” This salad can be prepared a variety of ways. I love a great dish that I can take easily in a picnic basket or added on to a party tray. Take the garbanzo bean chicken-less salad to a get together. Take the salad in a great dish, using small lettuce cups, have guest spoon the salad into them. Another alternative for the salad is to bring a crisp gluten free baguette to dip or spread. Use the chicken-less salad as a main dish or a side to a yummy hot soup on a cold winter day.
Garbanzo bean Chicken-less salad
- 1 15 ounce can garbanzo beans , drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup vegan mayo (I used soy-free vegenaise or Just Mayo)
- ½ teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 celery stalk , chopped
- 1 green onion , chopped
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- ½ teaspoon celery salt
- In a medium bowl, add garbanzo beans and use the back of a fork to lightly break apart beans.
- Add all remaining ingredients and mix well to combine.