I’m a little spun out from a quick trip returning my granddog, Molly, back to my daughter in Cleveland. While visiting, my daughter’s zucchini plant was full and needed picking. What could we do with these fresh beauties? zucchini noodles! Next to the zucchini plant is a huge basil plant, perfect for pesto! Zucchini noodles with pesto were our dinner destiny.
Have you ever tried a spiralizer?
Fresh, homemade vegetable noodles are packed with nutrients, low-calorie, low-fat, light, and delicious. It is a great recipe for a hot summer night when you’re looking for something easy and refreshing. Check out one of my favorite spiralizers.
Not Just Zucchini
Zucchini makes great noodles, but they are far from the only vegetable you can spiralize noodles with. Some other options are yellow squash, sweet potatoes, golden or red beets, cucumbers, and red cabbage. Have some fun with your fresh veggies and get your curly-noodle on!
Crazy Easy Oil-Free Pesto
Now, the pesto! You don’t need oil or any fancy ingredients; just fresh basil, spinach, onions, garlic, raw pumpkin seeds, lemon, and you’re done! Throw it into a food processor and in minutes, you have a simple pesto straight from the garden.
Toss your zucchini noodles with the fresh pesto and top with a few sliced tomatoes for the perfect meal in less than 30 minutes!
Remember this is your creation, do what works for you and your family.
Thanks so much for visiting. Don’t forget to subscribe. You don’t want to miss out on more tasty vegan and gluten-free recipes.
Comment, share, and let me know how YOU made it your own!
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, quartered
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice, possibly more
- 6 medium zucchini, 1 zucchini per person
- 1 cup organic grape tomatoes
- fresh basil leaves, garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Place all pesto ingredients into a food processor or blender and blend until desired consistency. Add more lemon juice or water if needed, taste and season as desired.
- Prepare noodles: use a spiralizer or a hand julienne tool to create curly zucchini noodles.Heat oil (optional) in a large skillet on medium heat. Add noodles in small batches cooking for 4-5 minutes turning carefully with tongs. Remove noodles and repeat.Gently toss noodles with pesto and tomatoes. Garnish with fresh basil, lemon zest, salt, and freshly ground pepper if desired.
Like this recipe a lot, so good