Vegan Sausage Soup is full of rich and hearty flavor. All you need is one dish to make this easy healthy soup.
How to Recipe Video:
As the weather gets colder I love to make soup. Soups are the best one pot meal that is delicious, easy, inexpensive, and (most importantly) warm. The rich flavors of this sausage-less soup will make your taste buds go crazy. Before I became a vegetarian and eventually vegan plant-based I used to love my sausage soup. I must say, this vegan sausage soup is to die for. My family and I love it. I often make a double batch so we can have plenty of leftovers.
You can add a plant-based meat alternative if you’d like. My favorite is Beyond Meat Beyond Sausages which you can find at Whole Foods. Beyond Meat, Beyond Sausages are vegan, gluten-free, and soy-free. These sausages are also cholesterol free. Remember, ALL plant-based foods have NO cholesterol!!! What a huge plus!!!
I make this soup in a saucepan, crockpot, and instant pot. You can use any of these cooking devices, whatever works best for you.
Don’t forget to comment below!!!!!
Vegan Sausage Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Package Vegan sausage I use Beyond Meat Beyond Sausages
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- 1 Small Onion diced
- 3 tablespoons garlic minced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced peeled tomatoes with juices
- 1 10 ounce can diced tomatoes and green chilies with juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 Cans Garbanzo beans drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary chopped or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 6 cups vegan chicken broth
- 1/2 lime juice Fresh
- fresh cilantro chopped, optional
- Heat oil in a large fry pan, cook vegan sausage for approximately 3-5 minutes until lightly browned. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Heat vegan butter over medium heat in large soup pot. Once the butter is melted add in onions sauté until translucent 5-8 minutes, careful not to burn. Add garlic to onions and half cup wine.
- Add remaining ingredients up until lime juice and cilantro. Stir, bring to a boil and reduce heat. Simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Season soup to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in fresh lime juice and sausage crumbles. Reheat if needed.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Sprinkle it with chopped fresh cilantro if desired. Serve while hot.