This might just be my favorite recipe thus far. It is so damn easy and delicious you won’t be able to stop eating it. 6 ingredient tempeh turkey is the easiest gluten-free and vegan turkey you’ll ever make.
How To Video:
You don’t need to wait for a holiday to make this tasty recipe. Grab some tempeh and get cooking.
6 ingredients and one casserole dish are all you need to make this luscious recipe. The sage, rosemary, and thyme will fill your kitchen with wonderful aromas that will remind your family and friends of holiday dinners and the joy of happy tummies.
An added plus: no harm came to any of those cute-ish turkeys.
- 2 16 oz tempeh gluten-free
- 2 cups vegan chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 cup white wine
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 8 fresh sage leaves
- 1 cup white wine or vegan broth
- 1-2 tablespoon gluten-free flour
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- 2 cups vegan chicken broth
- In a medium bowl, whisk all marinade ingredients together.
- Place tempeh in 9 x 12 casserole dish and cover with marinade. Marinate tempeh for 30 minutes or overnight (overnight is best to infuse the flavor into the tempeh). Strain marinade, save for the gravy.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place casserole dish with marinated tempeh into the oven for 45 minutes, turning tempeh after 20 minutes.
- Using a large fry pan melt vegan butter over medium-high heat. Add tempeh to pan and brown on both sides about 5-10 minutes. Pour in a little liquid while cooking if needed. Remove and set aside.
- Using the same fry pan make the gravy. To release the tempeh brown bits add in a little wine or broth. Now add in strained marinade and broth. Using either a bowl or mason jar add flour to milk and shake or stir until smooth. Slowly stir in plant-based milk and flour to the pan and bring to a rolling boil until it thickens. Taste, add salt, pepper and additional herbs if needed.
- Place warm tempeh on serving dish and top with gravy and fresh herbs.Serve immediately.