Easy vegan frittatas are an egg-free delight. Tofu frittatas are better than the “real egg” frittata. Make them bite-size, muffin size, or sandwich size, whatever you desire. Whether piping hot, warm, or cold, you’ll enjoy these savory and satisfying healthy treats.
I am a huge tofu fan. It is low in fat, low in calories, and has zero cholesterol. Tofu is flavored by the enhanced zest of the veggies and herbs used in the recipe. Frittatas can be made with your favorite veggies. Try spinach, zucchini, broccoli, kale, or any other veggies. You can’t beat these amazing tasty frittatas.
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- 1/2 cup small sweet onion diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 cup spinach or kale chopped
- 1 package extra-firm tofu drained
- 1 tablespoon gluten free soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan black salt
- hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Drain tofu, wrap in paper towels and press to release some of the liquid.
- Purée tofu, soy sauce, turmeric, mustard, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper for 2 minutes in a food processor until smooth.
- Heat butter in a skillet over medium heat and sauté sweet onion 3 to 4 minutes until translucent. Add garlic, spinach, and green onions and allow them to cook for an additional 2 minutes until spinach is wilted. Remove from heat.
- Pour tofu mixture into the skillet and fold the ingredients together.
- Coat a 24-cup mini-muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Place a heaping tablespoon of mixture to each mini-muffin and cook on middle rack for 35-40 minutes until lightly browned.
Add 1/2 cup of vegan mozzarella for a cheesy flavor. If you have a soy allergy:
In place of the tofu, use a 15 oz can of rinsed garbanzo beans + 1/4 cup of dairy free milk and mash with the back of a fork.